Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Sculpture Research

Joan Miro






I like Joan Miro's work because there is a distinct style the the shape of the peices and the surface area is well thought out. On one there is colot that is placed specifiically and the other is dark and smooth looking, there is a lot of consideration to the texture as well as color in regard to the form.


Nancy Holt





I love the form of these sculptures the first one especially has great movement and seems to have this sense of pushing boundaries like the metal is flowing in the wind. The second it very interesting in that it looks like an abstract bird cage.


Eva Hess




I like these works because I like the idea of repetition and how they are repeated but not necessarily the same shape. I also like the rope because of the sense that it is defying gravity and that can definately be done in the digital world.

Alberto Giacometti


Giacometti is also dealing with repitition and abstraction of figures.

Archipenko



I like thes for the same reason as i like Joan Miro. The are very paticular in color placement and the are also more like abstracted figures.

No comments: